View Single Post
Old 27-06-2009, 14:57   #27
pie crust

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshMcAuliffe View Post
Ok, he was found not guilty in the trial but he settled the first case out of court essentially buying silence. If he had nothing to hide why not allow it to go to court the first time around and prove your innocence?
What I find really interesting is the fact that the parents of these children accepted money. Wouldn't you make sure that your child's molester got a real punishment? No amount of money can make up for your child being abused, IF they were.

Quote:
He should have kept his distance from kids after the first incident but he never.
Again, I wonder what the parents thought. If you know a person may molest your children, there's no way you let them sleep over at their place.

I think the parents just realized they could get money out of it so they used their children.

Quote:
The last 15 years or so of his life were not about music but about depicting himself as a crazy man and getting himself into trouble.
That's why I'm a bit surprised at how people are all like "Omg he was such an inspiration, there was no-one better than him" when all they've done for these past years is ridicule him and laugh at how crazy he was. I've seen this on another community I visit, it's kind of weird.

Quote:
All that happened to him was a matter of CHOICE. He chose to do the things whether they be good things or bad things.
I don't think he even realized what he was doing, I honestly believe him when he said it's normal to have sleep-overs with little boys. I really think he was that crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyubittu View Post
Just be accused of something and people are ready to make their own judgments.
That's true, which is why I don't see anything wrong with speaking badly of him. I don't believe in the accusations myself. But just because he was an icon or whatever doesn't mean everyone has to praise him. Some people do think he molested children, and even if they're basing their opinion on something that wasn't even proved, I won't tell them they have to mourn him and show respect. Honestly, if I heard that someone who *I* considered a child molester (whether it's because I know, or because I think so - no matter what I base it on), I wouldn't be sad about it either.

I'm not trying to be negative about him, I promise. I think he seemed to be a good man. Although in my eyes something must have definitely been very wrong with him, but whatever.

Also may I add, I feel so sorry for the doctor who was living with him. People think he's guilty of murder, and are wishing death upon him and hoping he ends up in jail and whatnot.

I'd like to share a video that I thought was super cool celebrating his success http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Onaos18apYo
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]