Thread: Mexico
View Single Post
Old 18-03-2007, 18:59   #33
Fear is only in our minds

Send a message via MSN to Amy_Lee_Rocks
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuff Grrl View Post
Holy shit!
Can't we all just get along? I'm sure we can reach an understanding here.

I'm pretty sure Mexican illegals have done plenty for the economy of the States. Cheap labour will always be in demand from American employers, Mexican illegals obviously helped out plenty with the reconstruction, and the continued reconstruction of Gulf States after Katrina, mind you, probably even moreso than your own government. I think Mexico even provided shelter, troops or something. And all of that is just in recent years.

Illegal labour is a problem though, no doubt. Traditionally American jobs like plumbing, trucking, agriculture and the like are now given to illegals because the wages are not sufficient enough support an American lifestyle. Not only that, but labour rights, which have been viciously fought for 50 years are now eroding to what it was like during the turn of the century. Illegals are working ridiculously dangerous tasks in ridiculous lengths of hours for ridiculously little. Just because Americans refuse to endure that many hardship in work doesn't mean they don't want the job. Illegals should compete with Americans at conditions that are safe and reasonable for all.

But that's all in a perfect world. IMHO, I think that Americans should just punish those that hire illegal workers.

PS: If you guys put up a fence, you'd probably get illegal help to do it!

I just love you!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Cause you're my rock star in between the set