View Single Post
Old 05-05-2006, 07:22   #37
malinky's

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyretto
but I guess Anne Heche and Angelina Jolie didn't help the bisexual cause much - as they both settled with husbands.
I have no clue as to what Anne Heche's and Angelina Jolie's sexuality truly is. But if they really are bisexual, the fact that they have both been in relationships with women but are currently with men does not preclude them from bisexuality. Who is to say that if their current relationship ends, they will not be open to then having a committed relationship with a female?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyretto
Yeah, maybe men end up as gay and women as straight...just a through.
When a truly bisexual man or woman ends up with a man...how does that make them any less bisexual?

As I said before, I believe that is one of the biggest issues with people understanding bisexuality...the need to label someone's sexuality based upon their current relationship. If a person is truly bisexual, then it is quite likely he/she would have had relationships with both sexes. Maybe a person has had more relationships with someone of the opposite sex, but they are currently with a female. Many would see this person as a lesbian. That is the issue...this person does not consider themselves a lesbian, but it doesn't mean others will not view her as such. So, if this person's relationship ends and she then enters a relationship with a man...it does not make her heterosexual; but again, others may view her as just that. That is why I feel this is such a big issue and a very big reason why some do not understand bisexuals.

An example: A female who is bisexual has been in a committed relationship with a man but that relationship ended and she is now in a committed relationship with a woman that will last the rest of her life. Most now view her as a lesbian. So, could this be a reason why so many people feel that a bisexual woman will end up with a man...because they have no clue this presumed "lesbian" living next door to them is in fact bisexual?
~~~~~~~~~~~
"Caterpillars turn into rare butterflies..."
~Chantal Kreviazuk~

Last edited by volkotina; 05-05-2006 at 07:43.