View Single Post
Old 28-02-2004, 23:58   #49
Don't dream it, be it!

Quote:
Originally posted by sunny poison

transcend, yes 'spokoen/spokoyna kak udav'. It's the common saying here sometimes it's elephant instead of the boa tho...

Ok, so that pretty much kills my outlandish theory stone dead, but it's an interesting little anecdote anyway. So, I was talking to my friend about tATu tonight on the phone, and he tells me that he's been watching the French film "Celine et Julie vont en bateau", which is his favourite film of all time (it was made in 1974 by Jacques Rivette and is quite famous, but I've never seen it myself). It's about these two girls who are uncannily similar to Yulia and Lena both in looks and personality, and my friend told me that he was watching this film again and he thought THIS IS TATU!!! because the film is about the elaboration of the relationship between the two girls - they may be sisters, they may be friends, they may be lovers...

And then my friend said that it was funny that I mentioned Lena calling Yulia as calm as a boa, because a feather boa is featured early on in the film, and then there are puns throughout the film on boa (as in feather boa - a fashion accessory) and on boa (as in snake). It's an amusing coincidence, no?...Or maybe not .

And sunny poison, where will you be sleeping tonight? With the angels, as usual, I expect .