View Single Post
Old 20-01-2005, 17:55   #29
Bitchka

Thanks haku.
I spent few mins looking up things....
Quote:
Originally Posted by haku
Romanians are descendants of Dacians. Dacians were among the first wave of Indo-Europeans who settled in Europe, they arrived there maybe around 2000 BC along with Celtics, Italics, and Greeks. Each of those Indo-European families settled in various regions of Europe, Dacians settled in the Danube region, near the black sea, north of the Greeks.
and FUNNY you say this... where did you get it from, because look at this ...

"Tracians were a conglomerate of numerous tribes. The formation of the Thracian tribal community appreciably antecedes the emergence of the other Indo-European communities - the Roman, the Celtic, the German, the Slavic and the Scandinavian. The ancestors of the Thracians had lived on the Balkan Peninsula as far back as the new Stone Age. Experts use the term 'Proto-Thracians' to describe the inhabitants of an extensive area in South-Eastern Europe during the third and second millennium B.C. The name 'Thracians' first appeared at the end of the second millennium B.C. (according to Homer). 'From that time on this term gradually became the common ethnonym for the inhabitants of the area between the Carpathians and the Aegean Sea, the Black Sea and the valleys of the Morava and Vardar rivers' (Acad. V. Georgiev, Prof. A. Foll and Prof. G.I. Georgiev). The people in question spoke related or similar dialects of a common language. During the twelfth and eleventh centuries B.C. the Thracians settled not only on the peninsular mainland and the Mediterranean islands, but also moved south-eastwards into Asia Minor."

Full article could be found here: http://www.eunet.bg/books/history/index.html ... as well as articles on Slavs, protoBulgarians, Bulgarian Kingdom, Bulgaria under Ottoman rulling and so on ... pretty much as I remember history being thought to a Bulgarian kid in school

So really, it is Thraco-Dacians we are talking about ... (http://greek-gods.tripod.com/Thracians.htm )which seems to be the tribes (one?) that were living in today's Bulgaria and Romania ..... so I am still interested to know why the Slavs merged with the ones that were in Bulgaria, but not really with the ones that were in Romania ....
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!