View Single Post
Old 05-10-2003, 00:13   #15
Just say maybe

5 albums/songs you'd miss the most?

t.A.T.u. - 200 KM/H in the Wrong Lane. I'm still listening to this and the Russian version more than all the other albums I own put together. Make of that what you will.

Nirvana - Nevermind. When I was 12 years old I decided that 'Lounge Act' would be the perfect song to greet the end of the world with. Funny that I remember this.

Bearsuit - 'Hey Charlie, Hey Chuck'. Best band in Britain. Maybe. This song is about colonising Charlie Brown's head after the world ends.

The Only Ones - 'Another Girl, Another Planet'. This song is about heroin. Not that you would think so from the lyrics.

Dead Prez 'Hip-Hop'. Just because I've had it on repeat play for the past three days. Probably to my neighbour's chargrin. I call it revenge for that dog they have.

4 places you wish you'd visited?
Qaanaaq. More than anwhere.
Iceland. The whole of it.
Here.
Mykines.

I'm hoping to make it to three of those by 2005.

3 people you wish you'd met?

Ms. Volkova. Forgive the obviousness of this choice.
Ms. Leonor Watling.
Hazel from Comatose.

Comatose were a band from Sunderland. I saw them on John Peel's Sound of the Suburbs television show, back in 1998. They showed maybe thirty seconds of this band's music. This was enough to convince me to spend the next five years of my life learning to play guitar. No other band has ever convinced me so completely in such a short amount of time.

In 2002 I was given Hazel's phone number. I didn't dare call her. I'm utterly inept sometimes. I want the chance back.

2 people you'd love to speak to before the end of the world (and what would you say to them)?

I'm unsure. Not my family. Not my friends, they're only convenient people I know.

I'll not answer for the sake of it.

1 thing you'd like to be remembered for?
My art. Or something.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Stay in the underworld with me.