View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 01:26   #37
My Waking Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by darje
So why call the american members of the forums "over the top" when it's only their president that's the fucktard?
Because nations have the presidents they deserve
And the U.S.A deserves Bush ( no confusion, America is not just the US of A. )
For me they represent the modern empire trying to rule over the world in any way it can be feasible these days; similar to the way historical long lasting empires like the Roman Empire, and England used to do. They cannot go out and force their will by brutality, not even the former empires did so, so they use methods to subvert other nations that they deem weak. Their very own longivity as an empire depends upon that. When their interests are directly threatened - like vs Saddam in the first Gulf War - they use sheer force; but only in such cases...it usually trains and arms the people that turn against it, so its enemies are usually its own creation.

Of course that doesn't mean that the US is not the best place to live in and that it's not the most democratic place in the world right now etc etc. It could be fantastic for its people; but it doesn't concern us who are not its people. So we have to see things from the right perspective.
As far as I'm concerned my last hope for America was lost with the unprovoked and unjustifiable war against Iraq.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khartoun2004
In Europe it's all about ethnicity and birthplace is meaningless.
That is totally not true , where did you get that? Birthplace determines your nationality everywhere. So it seems that Americans don't know Europe as much as we don't know America.

Last edited by spyretto; 11-01-2006 at 01:50.