View Single Post
Old 19-10-2004, 01:07   #57
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxxi
OK, since a lot of us here are from Europe let's debate following matters:
1. Rise of far right in Germany
2. Different gov't in Spain and it's reorientation from US-UK toward Germany-France
3. Strenghtening of position of Russian president
4. Belorussian dictatorship

Those things concern Europe more than US elections but do you see posts about them around here? I don't.

Uuum. Like I said. USA is politicaly much more important to all of us then any specific European country on it's own. We're talking about the global issues here. And as far as I remember, despite this being a musical forum you discussed The Chechnian War, fire-arms, social problems... all of these variety of topics yourself as well.
It's much more then a forum about a music group these days, I'd reckon.

This is a photo I made in Boston. A banner urging people to vote. They had them all over the place. In colleges, churches, restaurants... the whole Boston has the election vibe to it. Well I guess it's no question who the Bostonians will vote.

I think that one advantage Bush has over Kerry is that he has more human warmth... as in... he looks more like an everyday American, one of them. While Kerry's face just SCREAMS elitist snob. :d