View Single Post
Old 25-03-2003, 04:57   #4

Thanks for bringing this up.
I also support our troops. In fact, there are somethings I can't stand, and one of those things is an obnoxious American who protests the war in the wrong place and time (*cough cough Mike Moore)...

I don't mind protesters against the war, I'm glad their expressing freedom of speech, but sometimes you gotta hold yourself back. There were troops watching the Oscars, imagine how they felt when they heard disapproval of their actions.

Did anyone else hear that broadcast on NPR about the Gulf War veteran, who said he never felt more alone than when he was fighting? He said he just had this unbearable loneliness, he felt so bad and just wanted to go home and be with the wife and kids. It got even worse. Then one day he recieved a letter from an elementary school child which said how much he appreciated the soldier for fighting for their freedom, and how much he thanked him and that he hoped the soldier got back safely. After that, the soldier didn't feel alone for the rest of his time served.

So what I'm getting at is we need more of these people. We need support behind these troops.. The war has started already so at least support your country and the human lives at risk..