View Single Post
Old 25-03-2003, 01:32   #1
The Chosen ONe

U.S. Soldiers used as propaganda.....the horrors of WAR...

Let me start this off by sayin that personaly, I don't really agree with the politics of this war. But then again, don't we all have mixed emotions?
One of my reasons for being a lil anit-war was to avoid something like this to happen.....Now Iraq has POW's and they are using them and dead soldiers as propaganda. I understand the fact that they show the true horrors of war but not like this.......not like this...
I hope everyone agrees that war is ugly. And at the end, nobody really wins a war. But deep inside we all know war is almost always unavoidable. It is part of human nature since man spoke his first word.
But its also part of human nature to fight for what we believe in....
Whether it be if your fighting for land that was stolen from you, freedom, justice, or taking some dictator down with itchy trigger fingers, I respect you. Because people will fight for what they believe in even if the odds are against a tank and all you have is a shank in your hand and you still don't give a f**k!

"Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth and easy, or that anyone who embarks on the strange voyage can measure the tides and hurricanes he will encounter. The statesman who yields to war fever must realize that once the signal is given, he is no longer the master of policy but the slave of unforeseeable and uncontrollable events."

-Sir Winston Churchill

So whats going to happen when Coalition Forces march into Baghdad? You got Saddam who's gonna feel like he's gonna be backed into a corner. A tight corner. He's probably goin to start feeling that lil thing called "desperation". And what does desperation lead to? Drastic Measures.
Whats to stop him from giving some little 12-year old an AK-47 and tell him, "Go defend your home". Of course god forbid this ever happens but I think its safe to say we're dealing with a maniac here.

Both sides will fight for what they believe in but the our Coaltion soldiers have more than that. Whether they are fighting for their country, their flag, their opinions, at the end, it won't matter if your a U.S. soldier, British, or Australian we will fight for each other...

If Saddam wants a war lets give him one!
Lets not let our soldiers die in vain or be used as propaganda!
Lets win this war and come home safe!
Remember your brothers and remember what they died for!

To our soldiers out there let me finish this off by a quote from Shakespeare-

"Cry 'Havoc!' and let slip the dogs of war!;"