View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 03:32   #58
My Waking Hour

Watching the rerun on the BBC -as I missed the live coverage earlier- and it looks cheap, where are the big productions, the big dresses, the big performances of bygone years? The songs were always crap but there was something interesting to watch on stage at least. But this year it doesn't look good so far. Looks unimaginative. Mediocrity is indeed the word...hopefully things will pick up for the final.

I thought Albania was good compared to what I heard so far, surprised they didn't make it...as for Norway I think African music doesn't normally cut it in the contest.

I liked Azerbaijan, Turkey, Greece - for which I didn't think much of before but compared to others it was a standout performance - Albania -shame that it didn't qualify, very poor decision; mostly the ones that didn't make it. Iceland was ok for that style but Finland wasn't. Serbia was terrible, especially the faux 50's concept. Russia, well, the performance was ok but it's not my kind of song. Lithuania was something like a poor Celine Dion from something like 30 years ago.
There were lots of rubbish pop songs, overall, much less variety, the folk/ethnic element seems to be disappearing altogether which is a shame.

So France is like the huge favourite to win the contest?, I haven't even listened to their song. I have been particularly slow in catching up this year. I only listened to Blue and the Greek song before tonight

So if France doesn't win this year who's gonna be? Every other song gives fantastic odds for betting, for example the UK pay 11/1 and they're 3rd favourites! Azerbaijan 2nd favourites, 9/1. Any predictions?