View Single Post
Old 19-05-2004, 18:09   #53
Caterfly's

Send a message via AIM to Bitty2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by haku
And just to put things in perspective, i have seen that French products are boycotted in American stores, American products are not boycotted here; i have seen Americans pouring French wine in the gutter, i haven't seen anyone throwing away Coca-Cola here; things with "French" in their name have been renamed "Liberty" something, nobody here has asked that the "sauce américaine" or the "homard à l'américaine" be renamed. Not to mention the dozens of mean jokes about French people that i've seen in American shows. Who hates who?
Okay all of that was laughable and ridiculous. It was started by a bunch of retarded ultra-conservatives. I would say that the majority of people thought that was the stupidest, most immature thing ever. Not to mention that was like a year ago. I haven't seen anything boycotted in person. The only mention of this I got was from the ultra-conservative news, which pisses me off to no end everytime I turn to it. About the mean jokes, lol, those won't go away. There are mean jokes about everyone. Sure, for awhile there, because there was greater support for war back then, some people held the opinion that some French people were cowardly. That is immature of course. And there was no changing in the names of things. Silly people only siad it should be. Which of course, other people rolled their eyes at and pointed out at their idiocy, sense half the things called "french" this or that aren't even orginated from France. Why do you think that was so highly reported in the news? Because it was the most DUMBASS shit ever.

Have you ever thought that maybe the sources of news or America's opinions are being filtered through A) our shitty news and B) the news of other countries which have their own propaganda. Nothing is really honest there. I at least live here and have had the opportunity to mingle with a good number of Americans and I can tell you that most are not stupid enough to thinkt he Iraq's were responsible for 9/11 adn they also aren't the biggest fans of a lot of the things going on right now. It is just your pockets of ultra-conservatives are what is so heavily concentrated on in the media.