View Single Post
Old 19-05-2004, 17:55   #51
iMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitty2002
And I really don't like how arrogant and holier than thou some people can sound, as if their country is perfect. I just don't think people realize how hurtful the things they say can be. They are angry and they want to hate, but all that hatred does is breed more hatred and violence.
I just wanted to add that i don't hate the US or the US people. I disagree with the foreign policy of its current administration which does not equate to hating a people. I have American friends to whom i talk regularly, i don't hate them, that's absurd. And being a liberal, i admire the economy of the US.

And just to put things in perspective, i have seen that French products are boycotted in American stores, American products are not boycotted here; i have seen Americans pouring French wine in the gutter, i haven't seen anyone throwing away Coca-Cola here; things with "French" in their name have been renamed "Liberty" something, nobody here has asked that the "sauce américaine" or the "homard à l'américaine" be renamed. Not to mention the dozens of mean jokes about French people that i've seen in American shows. Who hates who?

Finally, i don't believe that my country is perfect, there are a lot of things i'm not happy with, and to take a parallel, we have a lot of military scattered in Western Africa and i don't agree with that at all. Those countries have been independent for 50 years and we should leave them alone.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]