Thread: BiS / БиС
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 12:19   #17
Участник

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiechanka View Post
OK so I turned on the TV today and saw bis singing pustota, and I thought wow that's a cool song/band. I cant find anything about them though online. How old are they and how long have they been around? How many albums and which one is the best?
BiS (Bikbaev and Sokolovsky) is a russian pop group. Members of the group are
Vlad Sokolovsky and Dimtry Bikbaev.

History:
The group BiS started on 18th November 2007 where 2 compeditors entered a singing
competition on a Tv show called. "Star Factory 7" (similar to uk X Factor). The
compeditors who then didn't win, were asked by the shows producer Konstantin Meladze
(music and song writer for group Via Gra) to form together to become group BiS which
is taken from the compeditors surnames (Bikbaev and Sokolovsky). Soon after this,
the groups first song was presented titled "Tvoi ili Nichei" (Yours or Nobody's). This
was followed by 3 other singles titled "Katya", "Korabliki" (Ships) and "Pustota"
(Emptiness). These all became hits in the russian music charts.

After Developing initial success, The group began to write down there debut album
"Dvyhpolyarnyi Mir" (two-polar world). Which sold over 100 thousand copies and was
in the russian album charts for an extremely long time.

The group plays a mixed genre of music, between pop and RnB. In an interview
Vlad told Dmitry: it is unimportant, whether people perceive us as «Celebrities»,
Its more important how people perceive our music.

On the 5th June 2009 7th award ceremony for Muz-tv. Group BiS won a nomination for
"Best Group" Having competed against other well known russian groups such as "Via Gra",
"Serebro" and "A-studio".