View Single Post
Old 26-03-2014, 22:48   #478
Martian Eyes

Long time, ok! Seems I was a bit lazy lately...So, a comprehensive summary here.

Russia's topstars had no surprises to offer, but at least they didn't fail completely. No no.1, no no.2 nor no.3 in the radio charts, and average songs, if you are not too picky.

Dima Bilan - Malysh I'm still not sure if the video has a message, finally he could gather one autograph hunter. Yes, that's success!
Sergej Lazarev - V samoe serdce Sergej gets beaten by his girlfriend and staggers helpless around the boxing ring. Makes even more sense than the clip above: the two Russian top male acts have become losers.
Nyusha - Tol'ko The Dancing Queen says good bye to her hot rhythms and does ballad, and the meaning of the video again escapes my comprehension...
Yuliya Savicheva -Ya tak tebya zhdu True to her designation - a romantic ballad, but what a horrible clip! Gaping into the camera lens like a television announcer, all through the whole 280 seconds of the video!
DJ Smash ft. Vintazh - Tri zhelaniya One of the not so great jobs of Vintazh. Take Anya away and this is just waste.
Serebro - Ya tebya ne otdam Aaaaah!

Some ladies, who have their best times already left in the past, show that they are far from pension, and probably way better than the young generation:
Anzhelika Varum - Ya vsegda s toboj A song in good old Russian pop tradition and a clip which I can understand.
Mayka in Ku - Who Is It Alyona Vysockaya going astray. It's in English, if you can't imagine! Anyway, everything is Alyona - singer - songwriting - choreography - direction.
Alyona Vysockaya - Ih imena And another work from Alyona, just before the Ukrainian - Russian crisis reached its climax - the other side of heroism.

And of course, some new faces:
Dasha Luks ft. Krasotin My Exorcist Something nice for clubbing.
Astrofizika - V otrazhenii And some cheesy pop (rarely shown by me I think). Loooovely.
Lampochka - V odnoj kvartire Simple song, simple 'arrangement', simple clip, but Yuliya Chernyaeva from Cherkessia shows that you don't need great tools to catch your heart, provided you can sing.
X.Child - Say Now And another good singer - Anna Vergelesova.

While the Russian pretty much failed in their charts, the Ukrainians dominated their own ones. Russians and international artists were only rare guests in the top three the last several months. Although the top ranked people were not always to my taste...

The top stars:
Ani Lorak - Zabiraj raj Karolina sings a pop song from the Russian rock lady Blondrock, who never does pop. Anyway, the audience was not very impressed by this. I on the contrary, liked it more than most of her other songs lately.
Svetlana Loboda - Gorod pod zapretom For once not a scandalous Svetlana in a colorless clip.
Maks Barskih - Nebo 90 seconds artistical boredom by clipmaker Alan Badoev, but then...Maks at his best!
Taisiya Povalij - Gde lyubov', tam i rvyotsya Another stylish video from Badoev. Fossil singer, even older music style, but no.1 in the charts.
Tina Karol' - Zhizn' prodolzhaetsya Tina grieves for her late husband. No.1 as well. Commiseration? Maybe.

The second league of Ukraines showbiz showed some interesting acts as well:
Para normal'nyh - Love Is Our 'normal pair' again solving their conflicts the ruthless way.
Yuliya Nelson - Zhivaya Yuliya sings a song from an Ukrainian rock group 'Rozhden', completely beyond her usual repertoire, and for the first time she got my closer attention.
Marta - Reki poyut When it comes to cheesy pop ballads then we have here one of Ukraines greatest professionals. The music style with a clear retro touch, but perfect for conjoint hours (failproof!).
Lama - Angel One of the few Ukrainian acts being successful, although she sings exclusively in Ukrainian language. Unique music style, peculiar and demonstratively plain.

Some gems of the non-mainstream artists:
Boombox - Pepel A soundtrack to a Russian series, and one of my favourite songs of the last half year.
Okean El'zy - Strilyaj and Rendez-vous. Two clips which belong together, big picture and great songs, and Svyatoslav Vakarchuks machless voice.
The Hardkiss - Shadows Of Time Another great song from Yuliya as soundtrack for the movie 'Unforgotten Shadows'.

Time for some girlgroups:
Delice - Vetrom The next no.1 song from this duet. You decide if it's their talent or the fact that the older sister's husband is the owner of one of the biggest Russian radio stations.
NeAngely - Roman The most unusual alto duet with their next hit, no.3 in Ukraines radio charts.
VIA Gra - Peremirie Producer Konstantin Meladze made a huge casting show for the continuation of his very popular group and these girls were the winners. The video was done in a hurry (the ex-co producer already launched his own group VIA Gra), therefore the video is not one of Alan Badoev's best works and the girls looked better in the casting show. The song reached no.1, so definitely not a failure.
NikitA - Himiya The group snatched the title 'hottest girl group' from VIA Gra already some time ago, and with clips like this it will stay like this. The song will probably not hit the top of the charts, although...it's really not bad.

Fresh blood? What about these:
Zhanna Peregon - Na meli Formerly known for singing boring songs on song contests, now completely pimped.
Inna Voronova - Ty ne moj Yet another big voice out of Ukraines magic top hat, and even writing her songs herself, a rarity among Ukraines young voice wonders.

Last edited by Argos; 26-01-2015 at 16:36.