View Single Post
Old 22-04-2006, 21:30   #48
pie crust

Quote:
That's basically what'll happen with my ex
I'm so sorry. For others I think it can seem really easy - "Well, if she's an adult, she can do whatever she wants!" but when it comes to religion and family it can be quite difficult. Basically you either choose your own way of living over your family... meaning that if you break away from the strictness of the religion, you will most likely be hated by your family and seen as a shame to them. Many people (especially women) get killed. But that's the extreme of course...

Quote:
At least she's got time until she's like 30 before her family starts looking for a guy for her
Ahhh that happened to another friend of mine, except I think she would probably be allowed to choose him herself. She was my age and went to my school. I'm not sure what religion it was, but her parents wouldn't let her have a boyfriend or even be friends with boys until she finished her studies. I mean, university and all that crap. I was quite surprised by how strict the rules were for her, as her parents weren't really religious at all. I guess religion wasn't so much included, more that they "cared for her future"
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]