View Single Post
Old 13-02-2004, 11:33   #31
iMod

Quote:
Originally posted by dollparts3000
They know that they can't survive without Ivan.
I don't agree with this. They won't survive *with* Ivan. Even Yulia and Lena *must* realize that the way the band has been managed those past months is disastrous.

Quote:
Tatu is composed of marketers, songwriters, managers, song editors, musicians. Tatu would not be what it is withough all those people and the software.
Well, it's the same for most pop acts. Ivan is not the only manager who can provide a team for a band. And there are *dozens* of much more organized management teams.

Quote:
I also don't think Yulia and Lena want the stress of taking care of everything themselves. They see how much work it is.
Again, there are dozens of management teams that can take care of that for them, and with much more efficiency than Ivan (it's not hard). They've been taking orders from Ivan since they were young teenage girls, i wouldn't be surprised if they want to be more in charge of their future with more professional people.

Quote:
If Lena and Yulia were seriously considering leaving Ivan, they would do it swiftly. They would already have another producer to organize their events or they would have been signed to another record company (or the same one).
Not necessarily, the "recording" of the second album has just begun, and they may have realized seeing the material they were asked to record that it was going to be a big flop (seeing the lyrics of Squirrel may have been the triggering event lol) and decided they wanted out, now!
And also, i don't think Y&L must be too happy about the way the RS has been going on. Most episodes have been about Ivan! He has had much more screen time than Y&L! They might have realized then in his opinion they are secondary characters.

Quote:
If this is not a PR stunt by Ivan
I agree that it could be PR, but hey, it's the first time i'm happy since Anatomy so i'm going to cling to that hope. LOL

Quote:
On another note, Yulia, Lena and Ivan all seem to get along.
Hmm, i don't think so. I think Lena despise Ivan, and Yulia has a love/hate relationship with him.

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob
By the way concerning Max Martin - he is a gifted song-writer but I don't want Y/L to sound like B. Spears and Backstreet Boys!
Me neither, but if they break free from Ivan, Y&L are going to need new quality material fast. They won't be allowed to sing their old songs, and i'm sure they don't have a lot of money, most of it went to Ivan.
But those people are professional, i'm sure they can create a Tatulike sound with good lyrics for Y&L. And most importantly, they can do it efficiently.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]