View Single Post
Old 01-05-2006, 14:39   #69
iMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by nath
by the way, sorry I've just realized that your thread was about this forum...I thought it was a general problem.
The discussion started after an androphobic thread was locked and a satirical thread of religion was not, so indeed it is about this forum and the limitations it sets.

I'll repost here what i added to the first post:
Quote:
This forum sets limits to the expression of certain opinions like chauvinism, racism, homophobia, etc. This thread is an outlet to express opinions about those limits and where the line is drawn between what's acceptable and what's not.
For information, a similar discussion happened three years ago, except that this time many people were asking for stricter limitations to the expression of homophobia and racism.
I'll add that 'chauvinism' in the title is meant to include misogyny and misandry of course, the expression of misandry being what started all this.

Please also notice that the expression of misandry is not totally forbidden on this forum, i'm sure you've all noticed that 'man-hating' comments regularly pop up in many threads, like in this thread for example, it comes with the territory on such a forum and can't really be avoided. However we have to set a limit to just how far people can go.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]