View Single Post
Old 09-10-2003, 18:55   #56
ex-sunnich

Send a message via ICQ to la aurora Send a message via MSN to la aurora
vesica, welcome to our class! Not, ur file isn't 'utterly dreadful' at all. U are a smart student (like all of u, guys here!) U even surprised me in a good way. Where are U from? Just few mistakes here, really few... wow...
As well as sasha and some other students, U need to pronaunce 'a' a bit clearer when see unstressed 'o'. Don't make the consonant soft if 'ы' follows it (мы and сы in our case), make ur 'х' in плохи softer and 'ж' in all the words firmer. That's all

Ur question now. Well, there are 2 service words in russian that look and sound almost the same 'не' and 'ни'. Both are used for denial. And russians often don't know which one to write (although there are strict rules for this). But in our case, we have only 'не' in all these phrases, right?
не знакомиться
неверная (huh... i have my doubts if this should be written as one word or separately as it depends on the punctuation in this case and hell knows what author of these lines really meant. I wrote it as one word as it'll be easier to explain this way)
не первая
Let's start with the second one. It's easy. As "не" is just a part of the word, unstressed 'е' sounds as 'и'.
But what's the difference between the first and the 3rd one U ask (damn, why do I always type 'sak' instead? In russian it sounds exactly like... well U know urself lol)? I'm answering: although знакомиться and первая are two different grammar categories, there's NO difference. usually U'll be to read both as 'ни'. It's not a question of the stress in any particular word. 'Не' is just a service word and in the sentence it doesn't have the logical stress on it. So, when u say it fast, it sounds like 'е' is unstressed. But in the first case (in this song), Yulia puts this logical stress on it (to be in rythm or to mark that 'it's better NOT to meet'). See what I mean? The stress is there and that's why it can sound like 'е' or something between 'е' and 'и'. Hope U get what I mean, uff...