View Single Post
Old 09-10-2003, 18:54   #55
ex-sunnich

Send a message via ICQ to la aurora Send a message via MSN to la aurora
Analysed rest of the files. I need to say, guys, that I'm proud of U. No one of the students was just fooling around. I'm very pleased to see that U all have actually read Lessons 1 and 2 and put much effort in reading correctly. Guess, any professional teacher would envy me. Ur results are great (and even 'unbelievebly great' as it's ur first experience) and it's all ur own merit. Thank U... I really see now what I started this all for. And U give me the reason to continue. I really want to now. Thanks one more time

sasha, as I said already, U did a great job I don't expect U to sound 100% russian. It's impossible. Especially having in mind that it's ur first practice. But U sound like a person who is ABLE to speak russian but just has a slight accent. It's a great destination, believe me. Some ppl live here for years and still pronaunce words worse then U do.
U learned the lessons really well. I couldn't expect any more from U, I swear! U tried to pronaunce things exactly how they should sound. U didn't mix up the sounds. Just some of them weren't clear enough. But it's ok as U don't have such sounds in ur own language. So, U can leave it this way (U'll be understood) but if U want to improve a bit, here's what U need to pay ur attention to:

Both O's in продолжаем should sound even closer to 'a'. Same goes to the word простые.
The difference between soft and firm consonants should be bigger. Watch out ur 'н', 'л', 'т' and 'д'. If any of these letters is followed by 'ь', 'ю' and 'и' they should sound really soft. If 'ы' or 'о' goes behind, then make them firm. 'Ж'is always firm, even in the word продолженья. 'Х' followed by 'и' should sound a bit softer.
But great job, I repeat And 'привет' was perfect