View Single Post
Old 09-10-2003, 00:10   #43
Banned

Send a message via AIM to elf
Quote:
Originally posted by coolasfcuk
sunnich thaaaaaaaaaank you for all the explanation - very helpful and appreciated. I on the other hand recorded a little blaaaaaaaaaabing of myselff, or more like a lot of it...sine I love talking and now I am hooked on recording myself instead of typing:
Blaaaaaaaaaaaah blah blah
I also recorded some 'extra credit':
Extra Credit
[/b]
Nice job, cool, It seems like you really like talking and I trully enjoy listening to you I especially loved the way you pronounce "elf"

Ok, let me comment a little with my contructive critisism... First, the extra credit - Ирония судьбы, Или с лёгким паром (It is still considered by many as the best Russian movie ever made!). You read it really well overall but here are some minor mistakes that I noticed. Underlined are the sounds you pronounced a little incorrectly and stress is marked bold:

*нетипичная
*в Новогоднюю
*Эльдара
етверо
*что - should be pronounced more like "што"
*точно - other way around ^^^

Also a general comment, when you pronounce же or жи- it should always sound as жэ and жы respectively, i.e. a lot harder Which leads me to the discussion of the soft-hard issue. The first time you pronounced the Bulgarian phrase, it sounded "Russian" and the second time it sounded "Ukrainian" (which is softer than Russian). So I'm thinking maybe you shouldn't try so hard to make your Russian softer... just my oppinion

Anyway, you are doing really good, keep up the good work!