View Single Post
Old 02-09-2006, 16:33   #5
Redhaired poet

Sometimes I forget. Sometimes I don't remember what life used to be like. Sometimes I forget what it's like to breath. What it's like to need oxygen. But no, I'm not going to talk about that right now. It's not necessary for the story. I am dead. I shall never live. I shall never feel my own heartbeat again. More important: I shall never feel her heartbeat again.
But I was talking about life. Yeah. Life. Sometimes I dream. And in my dreams, I see myself being the little girl I once was. A girl with braids, redhaired, innocent, pure. A girl with a future, even though it would not be a bright one. In the time I was born, most girls were given to their husbands. It's a different world, a different place, a different lifestyle.
Nobody could have guessed what happened to me. Wait, let me tell you. Otherwise, you'd never understand.
Like I already mentioned, I was a little girl. Not really a girl of young age, I was 16 years old, by the time it happened, but I was small. Tiny, to put it in other words. My mum asked me to go to the woods to collect some herbs she needed to make dinner, and I left. I went further and further into the woods , but I couldn't find any of them. I remember I fell down, and a sickening sound was heard. My leg hurted so bad I couldn't walk, and when I looked around me, I could see nothing but shadows. I literally fell into the shadows and there was no way to step into the light. I could feel some thick liquid on my legs. I didn't realise nor understand what it was, and I tried to walk. But at that moment, I broke down crying, because of the pain, because of the fear. Because I realised I would die down in that hole. I was weak. I was afraid of death. I am not afraid anymore. I am not afraid of anything. I have had a chance to live forever. I am not afraid of death.

Offtop:
Feedback appreciated