View Single Post
Old 26-10-2005, 21:09   #103
Harrumph.

Okay, so Madonna's sexually ambigous. So effin' what? She's hardly an example for curious people who need a push in the right direction. She's her very own private person with a present career (yes, gasp, I said present, present as in now, thank yew very mush) that does not border in sexual nor needs scandal to be taken anywhere. She's a really good artist! Yes, she is, and maybe that slutty-ass kiss for HER was justified (and "maybe" is a far-fetched opinion since she didn't feel a thing for Britney and/or Xtina), but it still displayed a very poor image of what people want and buy in America.

Yulia and Lena are young artists who, not unlike many of us, have grown up and decided what was best for them. Not only I respect them because they came out of nowhere and into the lives of young people who needed to hear "It is not wrong to love, not even if the one you love is the same gender as you" to feel right about themselves. They're 5, almost 6, years deep into their music career nowadays, and by god they're the ONLY pop artist I've never heard or read that said "my whole career was inspired by Madonna".

I dunno to the rest of the people in here, but to me, they were a deep breathe of fresh air back in 2003, pop music with meaning behind it, which is why I was so offended to see the Three Stooges kiss. It just wasn't justified then, and it definitely isn't justified now.