View Single Post
Old 16-06-2006, 14:56   #8
Gaga ftw!

Send a message via AIM to Khartoun2004 Send a message via MSN to Khartoun2004 Send a message via Skype™ to Khartoun2004
well said Haku. Like I said earlier I've never been tp Europe, so I don't really have a clue what it's like... but Your comments on inherited responsibility are so true. I do not in any way blame modern Germany for the crimes committed against my family. That is absolutely ridiculous, I also think it ridiculous that German media goes so far to make people feel gulity about something that their forefathers did. It would be like blaming me for the bombing of Hamburg and Dresden because my grandfather made the bombs.

There is a fine line between teaching and prevention and unnecessary gulit tripping, finger pointing.

Offtop:
Although, I don't agree that the US isn't held responsible for the Nagasaki and Hiroshima bombings. In schools here (at least in the Northeast), the bombings are covered extensively, our books and teachers always try to convey the message that it was by far (until recently IMO) the worst moment in our history as a nation. In a couple classes we were made to watch documentaries about the aftermath of the bombings in graphic detail. I will never forget those images, which were shown to us in hopes that we would never consider or consent to such action being taken again.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander
EPIC!!!!!!
Velvet ropes and guitars
Yeah, cause you're my rock star in between the sets
Eyeliner and cigarettes