View Single Post
Old 15-06-2006, 20:04   #3
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khartoun2004
While agree with you for the most part Freddie. I don't think Modern Germany completely ignores their accountability. In the just the last few yers they opened one of the largest Holocaust remembrance museums in the World in Berlin and some of the old concentration camps are museums. It is also illegal to deny that the Holocaust ever happened. So while the Germans may outlaw discussion of Nazi ideology, ect., they are not necessarily keeping silent about their mistakes and not trying to redeem themselves.
I've heard about those but I'm talking more about the general attitude of Germans towards the issue rather than idividual attempts (which I admit do exist). But in general it's still like I described. Everytime I've been there people literaly cringe and bow in shame when the topic comes up... everything that revolves around the 3rd Reich, Nazism or even far-right extremism is met with severe rigidity... Make a joke about it and you'll be considered a certified psycho. I've heard German comendiants are "advised" not to make jokes about WW2 or the 3rd Reich in public performances not only in Germany but also abroad.
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.