View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 07:20   #223
Gaga ftw!

Send a message via AIM to Khartoun2004 Send a message via MSN to Khartoun2004 Send a message via Skype™ to Khartoun2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyubittu View Post
I don't see why you have to get all technical about it. The point is it's a step forward. Does it really matter how many steps backwards we had to take in order to finally reach the destination?
No, Iowa is probably the most liberal place in the Midwest.... but I wouldn't call it liberal or progressive when compared to the regions/States of this country that are actually Liberal and Progressive... and are smeared relentlessly by conservatives as such.

Iowa is a swing state. It can be incredibly liberal depending on which way it's swinging. Or it can be ridiculous conservative. So at the moment it has a very liberal court, with a conservative legislature... That is not the formula for true progressive legislature. The SC decided to strike down a law it found unconstitutional... big deal that's what their job is. The only reason people are making a big deal out of it, is because it legalized Gay Marriage.

Let me know when a mid-west state legalizes gay marriage without it being the result of a court tearing down a law passed by it's legislation and general population. That will be true Progressive Policy initiatives.

Offtop:
sorry if this is all over the place. I'm more than a tab bit intoxicated atm
~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander
EPIC!!!!!!
Velvet ropes and guitars
Yeah, cause you're my rock star in between the sets
Eyeliner and cigarettes