View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 04:18   #16
Gaga ftw!

Send a message via AIM to Khartoun2004 Send a message via MSN to Khartoun2004 Send a message via Skype™ to Khartoun2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by dradeel View Post
I can think how someone could make a penis from a vagina, as the clitoris and the penis in the womb starts out as the same thing, so I guess there's some trick there. What I can't understand is how a man can get all the stuff that women have! Hehehe. But you know... hormones injections can do alotta weird stuff I guess. If someone in here knows about these stuff please enlighten me. I've actually been wondering about these things - but I'm too lazy to look it up
Male to Female Sex Reassignment Surgery
The first thing to know is that a transsexual is sterile. The MtF surgery includes the removal of the testicles. The Penis is "inverted" in what is called a Vaginoplasty... essentially, the head becomes the clitoris and the shaft the vaginal canal. The scrotom is used to create the Labia Minora and Majora.

A Transwoman will never have a period, because she doesn't have a uterus or ovaries. She will also need to continue injecting female hormones the rest of her life, but at lower doses because there aren't any more Androgen producing gonads. Also to keep the new vaginal canal from collapsing, she'll have to dilate or stick a dildo in there for a few minutes several times a day for the rest of her life.

Female to Male Sex Reassignment Surgery
Transmen have two options at the moment. One is called a Phalloplasty in which the skin on the forearm is used to create a Penis. This surgery is done in about 3-4 steps taking up to a year to complete. There are many... many complications associated with this surgery and only 2% of all FtM SRS are Phalloplasties... so I'm not going into details.

The other option is called a Metoidioplasty, which is quite simply put a release of the ligament attached to the Clitoris. As I mentioned in an above post, Testostorone causes the Clit to elongate and grow... up to two inches in some cases. Cutting the ligament that holds the Clit under the hood allows it to come forward... it essentially looks like a micro-phallus after the procedure.

The second step is a vaginectomy and hysterectomy or quite simply the removal of the Ovaries, Uterus and vaginal canal. A scrotom is fashioned out of the Labia Majora and silicon implants are used to create "testicles"

Hope that helps... feel free to ask me questions and I'll try to answer them as best I can
~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander
EPIC!!!!!!
Velvet ropes and guitars
Yeah, cause you're my rock star in between the sets
Eyeliner and cigarettes