Thread: Top 10 Albums
View Single Post
Old 26-08-2003, 02:18   #11
Just say maybe

The conclusion here is that t.A.T.u. fans come from an amazing number of musical schools. Maybe I shouldn't be surprised, given the number of styles they fuse.

Also, I love to think that t.A.T.u. are so blindingly good that they compel people to overcome their musical prejudices and listen.

This thread inspired me to review a t.A.T.u. thread on an old Snow Patrol messageboard I once haunted. It's now the longest thread on their music board. I tired of the place because of the narrow horizons of the people there. So reading things like this made me grin insanely:

Quote:
Originally posted by CaptainSleep
Um, REVIVE! The t.A.T.u. album is one of the best records ever. I can sincerely say that I love every second of it with every aspect of my being; and I can't even recall the last time that happened to this world-weary listener. Ergo t.A.T.u. is the BEST THING EVER and I love them to bits. Every second that I am not listening to the record seems like torture; and you need them in your life.

I mean, the clipped bit in "Clowns" - "If I ask you not to stay"; "THIS IS AN EMERGENCY"; the flanged chorus in "Malchik Gay"; and pretty much everything else; I haven't been so stuck on a record in a very long time.

N.B. I have owned the LP for 60 hours only but I stand by all the above statements
Did I mention that I love t.A.T.u. more intensely with every passing day?
~~~~~~~~~~~
Stay in the underworld with me.