View Single Post
Old 29-01-2007, 07:09   #23
The Dream is Over, :~(

Well, to give credit to Talyubittu, cools, you can't have racial segregation if there are no black people to segregate.

According to this article (halfway down) however, South Dakota does have some issues with the Aboriginals and the state's growing attraction of White supremacists. But that isn't a problem that is unique to South Dakota. I'd even venture to say that Canadians, specifically central Canadians and the Quebecois, are highly susceptible to harassing the First Nations (not so much with the attracting skinheads, thank God).

But tell me what you thought of cities like Jacksonville, Cleveland, Minneapolis, and Charlotte. You'd be hard pressed to gloss over those cities. Chicago I have been in (there was segregation but at the same time some wealthy ass Black people too) to and Atlanta is predominantly Black.

This interesting site has charts and percentages of how segregated each city is by calculating how exposed each person belonging to a race is to people of other races and to his/her own. Thus the greater the difference, the more segragated.
For example Cleveland, Ohio you can see that Black people will mostly be exposed to other Black people and Whites to other Whites even though Cleveland (judging from the last column) is marginally more populated by Black people than anyone else.

This isn't what I based my personal observations on and quite frankly I really don't care if people are/aren't exposed to other races. What gets to me is the institutionalized, embedded racism that has permeated from the pre-"Brown vs. The Board of Education"/Jim Crow era of race relations.