Thread: Any fans left?
View Single Post
Old 17-12-2003, 17:49   #16
ROCK FOR LIGHT

F yeah

I'm still a fan.

Actually I was starting lose interest for a while. I mean I can only listen to the same cd so many times, and their attepts at scandals were getting more and more pathetic. This whole documentary thing has sparked a new interest for me. I never believed that they were really lesbians, so my opinion will probably differ from a lot of others on this. There were just way too many things that made it seem very unlikely(I won't go into all that right now). That was actually part of what turned me on to them in the first place. Next to the fact that the music is great and they are beautiful, I just thought it was funny that they had such a great marketing plan, and were stirring up so much convtrovesy in the UK and US. It was all very entertaining. Now they are saying that in real life they are homophobic, everything Taty stands for is a sin, etc. I mean as terrible as I think those statements are, the irony of the whole thing is so rediculous that I can't help finding the whole thing amusing to say the least. Not to mention the whole abortion and heroin issues. I don't know, I just can't help but laugh at how rediculous it all is.

Now I know t.A.T.u. helped a lot of young people come out and feel much more secure about their sexuality, which I thought was a great thing. I'm sure everything I said above really won't apply to these people, and I can completely understand why they would be disappointed. With all of the crap out there in pop music, its rare that there is an artist that can possibly have such a personal impact on a lot of people. I'm sure all these fans feel terrible. I can't personally comprehend that feeling since I can't really relate with that.

I havn't even seen the documentary myself, but I still wonder how true it is anyway. I'll have to see it to make a real judgement, but I get the impression that most of it is just them talking to the camera, which still doesn't proove anything to be true. I mean some of the things they said are pretty absurd, I don't doubt the possibilty that those things were just said to make more of a scandal out of the whole t.A.T.u. project because a gerenal interest in the group was dwindling. It would not be suprising for Ivan and the girls to do that, considering their past attempts at scandals. I dunno, I guess I'll have to see it first to form a better opinion. Whether it's ture or not doesn't really change anything for me, I find it quite amusing either way. I would just really like to see some new music soon.
~~~~~~~~~~~
as sick as i am, i would never be you

Last edited by Disengage; 17-12-2003 at 17:57.