View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 20:24   #90
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegurgi View Post
whatever. I was a graphic designer before I was her fan, btw...and it will be a blast, literally at one point.

I just think there's just been way too much read into these things and ton of assumptions. It's easy to make your comments a your computer, i know cause i used to do it a lot about things i really had no experience in. But when you're actually in the field, working - you find out how utterly naive and silly your comments are - I regret so much that I used to say about shit but i've learned and moved on. Like how Julia has is learning from her mistakes - learning is something a lot of people just don't know how to do ... especially my fellow Americans. We dwell on idiotic one liners and act as if they are definitive always. We americans LOVE that... our political system's relationship with the media is dependent on it. Very typical... I know you think i'm still some high school student with a design hobby, but i've been working in the field and worked with clients bigger than Julia Volkova. I defend this project because it's not worth all the criticism it's being given. SERIOUSLY... this is like 5 people trying to help a girl record some songs cause it's all she knows. And you guys act as if we're actually trying to replicate the Tatu career. Or that there's so much more to this than there is... or that it's been YEARS. Do you forget that Julia has 2 children that's shes's been trying to raise? That she didn't get to spend any time with when they were born. I can tell you that she HAS been doing that... and shopping, a lot of shopping... she's definitely not perfect but i give her credit, she has a lot more drive than any one i've met and she's just ridiculously kind to people and that's more than i can say for some people.... a lot of people....

and i'd love to say why lena wasn't approached for Brazil but i've only heard the Brazilians take and the Boris stories and they are never reliable...

To address the unimportant things first, by "fan turned graphic designer" I was implying you were a former fan who later became a part of her team. Not that you suddenly knew your way around Photoshop because Yulia Volkova's team contracted you to make a website and photograph things.

Now, moving on the real issues - there are zero assumptions being made. What assumptions have you encountered, specifically by me thus far? Last I was aware, three songs were released via her website/birthday party - none of which were impressive. Second, one tour was already canceled due to circumstances "beyond the teams control" - I'm sure. And once again, the single that was leaked/released today that was announced in August and supposed to be released in August as well. None of which are "assumptions" - actually, I'm pretty sure I can find all of this information on her website, twitter or announcement she's personally made. So excuse your lack of being informed, not my and many others lack of enthusiasm over what you deem "assumptions".

As far as this "making comments from your computer" lunacy - have you or anyone else involved with this project looked in a mirror recently? Because absolutely zero has been done that is not from behind a computer screen. Including all of the absence of information you're trying to convince me that you're chock full of despite revealing none of it. It is not my job to sit and be patient as a fan. It is Yulia Volkova and her teams priority to maintain my interest - something they have not and still are not doing. Once again, her being half of t.A.T.u. in Brazil doesn't count because nobody other than handful of Brazilian t.A.T.u. fans (since Yulia Volkova has released nothing to gain new fans) care about the event that is going to be a simple re-hash of her birthday party, ex-t.A.T.u. and a new YouTube clip.

Moving on, you are not "in the field". As I said before. You are a former fan (not unlike a number of people involved in this "project" (Yourself, Amanda, Dean, + others) that was contacted out of what I can only assume (I will admit, assume) was desperation. If that isn't the first clue at the lack of professionalism regarding this entire ordeal + an already canceled concert + the release of three songs that were later shit-canned as well + the delayed release of the single + the lack of an English counterpart that god knows when will surface then I don't know what is.

I'm not following along with your State of The Union either with this "my fellow Americans' nonsense. What? What are you even saying? Let me save anyone else who is confused at your Insider like comments full of a lack of information from the trouble of attempting to find a diamond in the rough here. YOU WON'T.

If the woman is going to blame her lack of focus, initiative and accomplishment with regard to her own project on the fact that she's a birthing machine (which also did significant damage to t.A.T.u.) spare me the pity party because quite frankly I'm not interested in such a pathetic excuse for the lack of progress.

If you are a mom, be a mom. If you want to be a star - do some work. If you're undecided, do not send your graphic designer to chastise what little fans remain simply because we're underwhelmed with the obvious lack of progress. As I said before, it is not my fault she's a mom and incapable of doing things on time or following through with them. It is not my job as a fan to be interested in the lack of anything going on, nor is it the responsibility of anyone else to do the same.

Why don't you garner some professionalism and pass the message on while you're off being her photographer; announcing that she's more interested in shopping and raising her children isn't exactly artist of the year material, especially when what few fans are left are already waning in interest.

If she had this "drive" you talk about, she'd forget about flying to Sweden to record something full of loops that I could compose in 30 seconds in Garage Band. Then, maybe she'd remember that she's decently wealthy, an accomplished classical musician and a mom. So in other words - record the album in your home like the other half of artists with children and lives that I assure you are more hectic than the leisurely lifestyle of shopping and vacation that Yulia Volkova is notorious for.

This entire project is nothing but a rehash of t.A.T.u. - only years ago, Boris Rensky was the problem for the lack of progress. But now thanks to your comments on her use of a debit card and mom-obligations I think we know exactly what the problem is and was.

Yulia may be nice, and I wish her well. But as a fan, it doesn't change the fact that absolutely nothing is happening other than former fans turned uncompensated employees defending her lack of work ethic.

Perhaps you should pay attention to someone who actually is involved in "the field" you claim to be an expert on because of the nine months you've spent building a website and taking pictures of Yulia Volkova. Nobody involved with this project has any clue about "the field" you're claiming to be all knowing of since she's obviously still at square one.

Pass that along to her new management the next time you want to defend her being a mother and a shop-a-holic in favor of work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegurgi View Post

--- my basic point before, really ignoring your insult there, - i think it's pretty remarkable what her team and herself have managed to do with little budget and resources... that's my perspective and since i'm a constructive person and not destructive, that's the one i'm going to stick to. Maybe you guys need to read a book called 'How to Win Friends and Influence People' or something. Cause the destructive criticism on these boards is just toxic ... and not worth my energy. I have friends, a job and a career to work on ... i've said my peace about julia's career and that's that. Enjoy what we have coming up cause I think it's gonna be really good, better than sdvinu mir (the english version i hear is actually better!)
I don't think any of it is remarkable. She owns the rights to t.A.T.u. according to you, royalties upon royalties yet she's still unable to afford a decent team? Tell that to a home garage band given a record deal as a result of hard work. That's the entire problem. Yulia Volkova has always sat back while others do the work and while money talks instead of roughing it and working her ass off. She wouldn't know a hard days work if it hit her in the face. Watch Podnebesnya, eXpedition, anything. It's always been someone else with two pretty girls being the face of it all. It doesn't work that way.

And before you give us recommendations on literature, why don't you have Yulia read a book called "How To Win Fans and Accomplish Something".

There would be less "destructive critacism" if there were any progress being made.

I'm so tired of the laziness involved with this project! And you're not helping the matter! You're pushing fans away, not changing opinions.

I suggest you be quiet about this project if the only things you're going to say are along the lines of what you already have. I'm pretty patient and I'd say dedicated as well. But even your lunacy is going to be enough to change that.