View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 19:36   #85
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegurgi View Post
actually - she was approached by the Brazilian touring company because they wanted her to perform Tatu songs... it was part of the contract. She technically owns the Tatu catalog (Lena doesn't) ... so, it's her authority to perform them over Lena, which (i'm guessing) is why the Brazilians contacted Julia and not Lena... I'm sorry it's not going exactly the way you seem to think it should be going. But you don't really have the facts correct enough to even begin... the logistics of merely getting the girl to a photoshoot is mind boggling. Things get thrown together in days in between huge lulls. You plan it as best you can, conceptually - but the reality of these things is that it just happens. There's a lot more about to happen too - so you can can the righteous negativity towards the project. If you don't like and it's not what you're into, that's not really any of our faults.

Delays in production of the song, i still don't know the english version, but we're filming the music video tomorrow in LA, it's gonna be a lot of fun. I'll be taking photos from the set and collecting items for the website - http://lenta.ru/audio/volkova/
I don't care if she personally wrote and composed every one of the songs t.A.T.u. ever performed. The issue isn't ownership, it's decency. And anybody who opens their mouth about their former band mate performing t.A.T.u. music under a solo name should not throw stones in her own glass house, contract or not. She did have the option to refuse and say "No, I'm simply Yulia Volkova now" - but she didn't, did she? So what point do you think you're making? I fail to see it.

Also, they should have approached both girls if their intent was to put on a show with he pretext of being a t.A.T.u. concert. That's just my opinion on that specific matter. Clearly though, the people in control have always and currently still do know what's best since both girls are still about as important as stray birds on a radar.

In addition, if you'd like to point out which "facts" I don't have correct then please, enlighten me. I'd love the experience to be informed of what I evidently don't know since I'm also evidently not in contact with anyone affiliated with the project and am also evidently spewing false information? I'll leave that to the powers that be as well since they're the ones with experience in that department.

And trust me, I can imagine how difficult it is to get "the girl" to a photo shoot. Probably about as difficult as everything else related to her and her project seem to be despite being in her best interest to do all of these things. Things being thrown together last minute is not anything new here, but way to shed light on all the problems Yulia Volkova carried over from t.A.T.u. despite the absence of Boris Rensky.

So, finally - the only thing I'm going to "can" is dealing with you since you spout a whole lot of nonsense under the same pretense of "big things are happening" that have yet to happen. Performing t.A.T.u. songs + 3 unused tracks + one decent new single is also not big. Especially since you've stated yourself they're booking her for her involvement with t.A.T.u. predominantly, not her specifically.

Announcing a single in August and releasing it in November is clue number one in case you're confused about what I'm talking about as well. Which isn't "big" by the way. It's essential in order to be an artist and once again, delayed and underwhelming in the end. It's been years since t.A.T.u. collapsed and you still don't even know when one English counterpart of a song is going to be released. This post from you has been about as informative as reading the nutrition facts on a box of Twinkies; i.e. tells me everything I already knew. Full of fat, artery clogging and stuffed with artificial ingredients. Let me contain my overwhelming surprise.

If I weren't interested in Yulia Volkova, I wouldn't be here. I'm not going to be chastised for her teams failure to put together a decent project after two? three? I don't even know how long it's been - years. Especially by her fan-turned-graphic-designer who in reality doesn't know anything. See the part where you mention that here. So enjoy your photo shoot.