View Single Post
Old 26-02-2004, 20:43   #199
ex-sunnich

Send a message via ICQ to la aurora Send a message via MSN to la aurora
haku, well... thanks for ur trust... tho I'd prefere to hear u trust my reports just coz u trust me (i never lied to u) and not coz I appeared to be right about them not being lesbians. It could be a pure luck I guessed

And I still insist that my 'normal' meant just 'ordinary, usual etc' and had nothing to do with sexual orientation, coz for me personally gay ppl aren't any less 'normal' than straight ones.

And that's why I think TATU's not making statements about gay rights was the best statement they could do. They didn't act like gay ppl are weak, sick, whatever and need protection. Their idea was they weren't any different from straight ones. That it doesn't matter who u love as far as u are happy. They never said they were gay. I know u can give me many quotes to prove me wrong, but I think they were just a reaction on what ppl on the west (journalists, fans...) wanted them to be. For many ppl the question if they sleep with each other was the most important one. So they were asking about it constantly absolutely ignoring the main message and music itself. And I do understand where those 'we have sex 3 times a day' etc... and joking around came from. It's a normal reaction: 'u want it? u want it so much? ok... take it... just take it and leave us alone. u won, u r happy, aren't u?'
I don't think western ppl took them too seriously. I think their interest was just superficial.
While in Russia Lena and Yulia were just 2 brave and sincere girls, nice, funny and animated... and they were singing cool songs about love and freedom... and sure they weren't lesbians but they seemed to love each other in their cute way, in the West all that mattered was 'are they or aren't they?'.
I think this was something neither TATU, nor Ivan were ready for. These were another rules they had to play by. First it was funny but then became tiresome and painful. It's hard to explain things that seem so obvious for you, its hard to be constantly missunderstood. it's hard to survive in the wold u don't belong to.
Nah, girls didn't say western fans suck. They said they were different from russian ones. And it's true. We do have different menthalities. Russians are ruled by emotions, western ppl use their brain more often. Russians are pessimists always waiting for worst but hoping for good. Westerns are optimists that get really pissed when something bad happens. Russians live for this particular moment and try to get some fun from it (Ivan was right that death feels closer here) and western ppl care about future and analyse every step they make. May be that's why you have more or less comfortable life while we are living in suach an ass and we'll die defending this our right of living in the ass and hoping for good without doing anything to make this 'good' any closer . Doesn't mean some of ppl are better than others. Just different.

Ok... enough. I broke my own promise to myself not to deal with mentality thing anymore. I shut up now