View Single Post
Old 26-02-2004, 19:42   #196
iMod

Quote:
Originally posted by Lena410
I'm still amazed how you can just shrug and generalize *so* many people in such a way.
Here's a quote from that "recent" interview.
Quote:
Lena: Russia. In the west, people are very inhibited. It's hard to "unwind" them.
Yulia: There, people come to concerts to estimate the quality of the show, lighting, scene, etc. The people just stand there and stare at us without any emotions. But in Russia people come to concerts to hang out
Y&L are also generalizing there (they are basically saying that western fans suck). If they can generalize, so can i.

Quote:
honestly in they were in my opinion taken much more seriously in the east than in the west. it was western media that made a joke out of them not eastern.
I said that the west took Tatu *too* seriously, which did not mean that the east took them as a joke. The east took Tatu seriously as an entertainment act (nothing wrong with being an entertainment act). I meant what i said as a compliment actually, people in the east saw Tatu for what they are, they understood what the band was about. You said it yourself in another post, you never thought that ATTSS was about lesbian love, you understood.

In the west, a lot of people thought that ATTSS *was* about lesbian love, we took them for some kind of gay rights militants, we were expecting much more from them (that's why i said we took them *too* seriously). We were expecting them to make strong and articulate statements about gay rights, instead we got ambiguous statements and Ivan's ramblings on whatever it is he's talking about.

It's all a big misunderstanding.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]