Thread: Eras of music
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2006, 22:30   #19
My Waking Hour

1991 was the best year commercially for hard rock/metal music ever.. Metallica released their "black" album, Guns n' Roses had Use Your illusion I and II selling 7 million copies in a night, Red Hot Chili Peppers had their breakthrough with Blood Sugar Sex Magik, Pantera's Vulgar Display Of Power was released around about that time - probably 92, I think, the best bands from the grundge era were beginning to roll ( Pearl Jam with Ten, Soundgarden with Badmotorfinger, Alice In Chains, Stone Temple Pilots, Screaming Trees and of course Nirvana who kinda killed off the whole scene in the end ), the Bay Area and Californian thrash/metal scenes were very much alive and kicking, and there was some pop metal around which wasn't half bad. Primarly Goth bands like the Sistes of Mercy got their heavy guitars off the closets and yeah...pretty cool time back then, I'd bought a lot of albums that year.

Oh by the way, the 80's was rubbish...but there was some good music around, indeed and that showed later, as a lot of the musicians/bands of that time proved much more talented than their contemporaries.