Thread: Via Gra
View Single Post
Old 13-09-2012, 19:55   #265
Martian Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalchikGeiBrand View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8UfysuDsmE

I found this demo of "I'm Not Afraid" from 2005 with Nadia... Does anyone know if Vera is in the background vocals of this version?
Yes, it's Vera. It was the only song where Nadya had the leading vocal. Nadya left in early 2006 and the song remained orphaned until 2007, when VIA Gra was reduced to a duet with Albina and Meseda, and it was released as a single then.
Quote:
They have so many different versions of their songs with different singers. But it's funny on compilation albums, they always end up using the versions with Anna's vocals...
Oddly enough, on the ELLO YouTube channel, there's a version of the "100 Steps Back" music video with Albina's voice dubbed over Anna's and I don't think a version with Albina was ever officially released. Kinda weirded me out.
Fully mastered versions for almost all songs exist only once, when they were recorded for the original album, matter of costs.
Quote:
But is there any news at all about a new album? Even a compilation? It's been almost 4 years since their last album release and they've already been through like 3 line up changes since.
No album. Russia has become an album free spot on Earth. Nobody buys one. The official site hasn't been updated for almost a year, and it's not even clear if there will soon be another change in the line-up. The last new member fully disappointed so far and it's no secret that she is on the ejection seat, and Albina is already in an age where it becomes difficult to fulfill the requirements of a girlgroup member, at least with the image of VIA Gra.