View Single Post
Old 24-03-2005, 00:52   #48

Send a message via AIM to ypsidan04
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyretto
There was a band called A Perfect Circle who were ripping off Tool without shame. Not doing a particular job at it either.
Wow, that quote opened my eyes.

You've never heard of A Perfect Circle? You don't know that their vocalist is Maynard James Keenan - the same guy from Tool? Or do you? Sure they haven't deviated from the sound of Tool (unlike Audioslave and Velvet Revolver, who are quite different from Soundgarden and STP), but the fact is it's the exact same singer. And man, is he a good singer! One of my top favorites. Not only that, but he's about as left wing as they come. There's pretty much a four way attack on President Bush from the music industry right now: Maynard, Serj Tankian, Tom Morello, and Eminem. --> www.axisofjustice.org

Check out the vids "Imagine", and "Counting Bodies..." Unfortunately, they dont have the great video for "The Outsider", but do a search for it and check it out. But you can get the audio for it - that song is one of my favorites from anybody (got some fantastic bass and drumming). I think APC is a great band, at least as good as Tool.

http://www.fanscape.com/Music/Altern...le/320161.aspx