View Single Post
Old 24-10-2004, 23:08   #5
Gaga ftw!

Send a message via AIM to Khartoun2004 Send a message via MSN to Khartoun2004 Send a message via Skype™ to Khartoun2004
ok I'm with thegurgi. I'm really getting sick of these arguments. I'm an atheist, but the fact that our money and pledge include "God" doesn't make me feel second class. What makes me feel second class is the fact that because of "God" being mentioned in everything and on everything in this country, the religious right seems to think that they found this wonderful country known as the Untied States of America. Well, guess again, they didn't. It was founded by a group of Unitarian Universalists (ie: Ben Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, James Madison, the list could go on...) not by the Jews, Christians, Muslims, Mormans, and anyother major religion in the world. Seperation of church and state was added to the constitution to ensure that people would not feel alienated because of different religious beliefs. Fight for your rights.

My point is, the Atheists and non-christians in this country should stop bitching about it and start being pro-active. If the word "god" really makes you feel second-class, take it to the courts and vote against Bush on November 2. Re-establish the checks and balances of the government.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander
EPIC!!!!!!
Velvet ropes and guitars
Yeah, cause you're my rock star in between the sets
Eyeliner and cigarettes