View Single Post
Old 18-05-2004, 23:22   #40
Gaga ftw!

Send a message via AIM to Khartoun2004 Send a message via MSN to Khartoun2004 Send a message via Skype™ to Khartoun2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitty2002
We KNOW that our "democracy" isn't perfect. The only thing we can say is that we have been abused by our government relatively less than some countries. That isn't exactly something to be proud of, but... You should have seen the riots and protests here when we went to war. We aren't proud that prisoners were abused. Then again, what is it you say? It is expected. It is war. Wow, seriously, if you want to see HORRIBLE acts upon humanity, look at war. Rape, plunder, murder, it has been present in EVERY war there EVER was. Believe me, no one here is happy or proud about it, its shameful.
Well said Bitty. unfortunately the US gov't does not have a "vote of no confidence" in our president. When the president is elected we're stuck with them for at least four years unless they are impeached, killed or resign. 2004 is an election year. If you read the polls most Americans are not happy with the way Iraq is being handled and Bush's approval rating drops every day.

I was shocked and furious when I heard about the treatment of Iraqi prisioners. It is totally un-American and it goes against every principle this country was founded on. Bitty is right, you cannot judge an entire country for the actions of a select few individuals. If you want something or someone to blame, Blame the hanging chads in Florida and the judges of the Supreme Court that put Bush into office. It's quite obvious to me from dicussions on this forum that whoever is elected president will have their work cut out for them if they wish to repair world opinion of this country.

As my mom always reminds me, "We are the loyal opposition." I love my country, frankly I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. My family, friends and life are here in the US. It's the only place I've ever lived. Sure I've been to Canada, but it isn't like the US. No other place on Earth is like the US, and no other country would feel quite like home to me.

Side note... I am a German Jew. My family was murder by the Nazi in WWII. However this does not mean I hate all Germans. I hate Hitler and he's dead. Why blame everyone else for the ravings of a mad man who found a loop hole in the constitution? *cough*Bush did the same thing*cough*
~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander
EPIC!!!!!!
Velvet ropes and guitars
Yeah, cause you're my rock star in between the sets
Eyeliner and cigarettes