View Single Post
Old 15-08-2008, 22:41   #155
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argos View Post
I know, I'm regularly looking at real news, which by the way is one of the good sources. I just wanted to show, how much heated all the discussion is and how fussy you have to be with the information and the providers of information at the moment.
Don't have to be fussy, just look at many different sources and that's it. I sw loads of vids with blood-covered Georgians claiming how Russian troops beat them senselessly despite it being clear they were civilians and on the other hand I've also seen Ossetian sources claiming how Georgian army started shelling their homes with no prior provocation. People will say what their predetermined ideology tells them, that's the key.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argos
About your quote about slavic names above: Kokoeva is a typical name in the Caucasus, just russified name, and Tedeeva is russified too. I know one linguist (who wrote about comparison of Ossetian and Georgian language) born in Tbilisi with the same name (in Georgian Tedety), again just russified, and Korewiski shouts for an explanation offside the slavic idiom.
I don't know enough about surnames to discuss this seriously, but if these surnames were infact Russified that even further proves her pro-Russian bias; i.e. Russification was done for some reason (pointing that this little girl is not really a Georgian but rather either a relative of Ossetians who willingly took Russian citizenship). I was just pointing at her obvious pro-Russian bias, not her actual ethnic origins (whatever they may be).

And that exactly was my point. The bias! Anyone can spew a whole shit-load of articles and documentaries that'll support their (sometimes even radical) ideologies. Mr.Cyrillic-Nickname did it. So did Mr. People-of-the-world! An inside micro-view of the Russian-propaganda-machine hard at work. On a macro level it looks pretty much the same except more pronounced. And then you have equally biased people on the other side drawing stupid hitler moustaches under Putin's nose, claiming Russia's building a secret missile defense system in Cuba. They're all silly. That's why I always say it's great to build one's opinions based on a whole multitude of factors and sources.
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.