View Single Post
Old 26-04-2007, 21:15   #50
Участник

Some people here have a real problem with accepting others' viewpoints. Yes - it is within reason to debate in this topic. No - it is not a deathmatch. The fact is, no matter how much you argue, no matter how much you call someone ignorant, no matter how much you invalidate someones opinion because of where they live...you won't win. There's nothing to win here. All of this calling out of individuals is very childish.

And I believe some of you need to really think about the word ignorant. Ignorance is defined as a lack of intelligence NOT a conservative viewpoint. I have noticed that many people like to call people with slightly conservative views "ignorant." Maybe some of you feel that not letting this girl run for prom king is ignorant...no, it is simply conservative. So, please, some of you should think of the definition of ignorant before using that word.

And, Khartoun, do you identify as a liberal? I'm assuming you do since you are defending this girl to the death. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Anyways...you might want to think about a liberal is before you attack and berate Talyubittu for his beliefs, cutting him down, calling him ignorant. Part of being a liberal is about being ACCEPTING of free speech...especially when it pertains to personal belief. If you're so liberal, open-minded, and tolerant, why can't you simply accept that Talyubittu has a different belief? Think a little about that. A little hypocritic, don't you think?

There are two different opinions here:
1. Girl should not be able to run for prom king
2. Girl should be able to run for prom king

Simple.

If you guys are as grown up as you present yourselves, you guys should be able to have a civil debate without attacking the person themselves.
This is all I will say on the matter.

So, back to the debate.
Be respectful. Have fun.