View Single Post
Old 19-05-2004, 22:32   #57
Участник

It is truly enlightening to hear so many different opinions about world conflict. I just didn't think I would find it here on this forum. I admire and respect the differing opinions. Living in the U.S. all of my life, I have never really known how other societies and individuals feel about us as individuals. I think we all want to be judged on our own merits and not simply because we live in a particular country. I want to consider myself open minded and I want to be a citizen of the world and not just a U.S. citizen.

BTW - I don't know of anyone who thinks that Iraqi citizens were involved in 9/11. I know that several of the perpetrators were Saudi origins.

Again, in spite of all of our differences, I hope we find common ground in the fact that we all want to survive, we all want to live in freedom and we all want to have meaning and purpose in our lives. When someone tries to take that away, or we perceive that they are, people become passionate in their defense of what I call basic rights that each individual should have.