View Single Post
Old 19-05-2004, 17:56   #52
malinky's

haku
Quote:
From what i've seen on American channels, most Americans still believe that the 9/11 hijackers were Iraqis... who told them that?
I do not know what American channels you are watching, but I will say that I am not a big fan of the media in this country. On the one hand, there are the ultra-conservative stations and on the other the ultra-liberal. I feel as if most promote and report stories with whatever sentiment they feel. It does not seem to be a strong indicator of what most Americans feel. Most of the people I know, conservative and liberal alike, cannot be summed up by a potentially biased news report or poll. And I have to think that we are not the only country to have both our media and government spin their own beliefs into what MOST of their constituents think or feel. And I can say this as well, I do not know most Americans but of the ones I do know, they are very well aware that the hijackers were not from Iraq.

piojita
Quote:
everyone who critize the crimes comitted by the US do it because they hate all americans. It's like with Israel, everyone who defends the palestinians human rights are antisemites
As for the sarcasm, I do not believe Bitty2002 ever said or implied that. But there are people who do feel that way and when someone says the world would be a better place if Americans were on Mars, then, you know, that IS lumping ALL Americans into ONE group.

You know, I love my country, but I do not blindly believe what I am told. Yes, we have done bad things and yes, we will continue to. Any country that has a government run by man will be corrupt. There is no perfect system. I wish that we always did good and never entertained evil, but I would be foolish to think that the truth. Maybe I should feel lucky to be from a country that is a super power and not worry about what others think or feel about us, but I do. Not just for the safety of myself and my loved ones, but for future generations.
~~~~~~~~~~~
"Caterpillars turn into rare butterflies..."
~Chantal Kreviazuk~

Last edited by volkotina; 11-06-2004 at 03:04.