View Single Post
Old 19-05-2004, 13:08   #48
the truth is out there...

everyone who critize the crimes comitted by the US do it because they hate all americans. It's like with Israel, everyone who defends the palestinians human rights are antisemites

I don't see why people are surprised about the torture of iraqui prisoners. We are talking about the country who "installed" dictators in a whole continent, and tought the military how to torture the prisoners (people who fought for democracy). People in latinamerica have known this for a long time, there are a lot of documentation about these CIA "training camps". This is only one example, and it came to my mind because a person close to me was tortured in one of these concentration camps and he even met one CIA agent who was supervising the whole thing.
Someone told me a CIA agent told a newspaper that installing Saddam was his favourite coup he had participated in as an agent.
I'm guessing the american people don't know anything about this, that's why they are surprised that people critize (or even hate) the US. I can imagine it must be odd to see yourself as "liberators" when your country represents the contrary to people all around the world and you don't even get why