View Single Post
Old 19-05-2004, 05:15   #43
Участник

Quote:
Wow, what a display of ignorance dollparts3000, thanks for sharing your views on geopolitics, "Arabs are evil!", that's deep...
Thanks to Haku, all of the facts are in:

Quote:
I'm not going to waste my time replying in detail because you've obviously been totally brainwashed by US propaganda.
Haku, who set you free so that you are not influenced by any propaganda? What makes your view superior to anyone else's? Is it alway correct, I don't think so.

Quote:
The Arab world has been a center of civilization for centuries, many scientific discoveries were made by Arab scientists during the Middle Ages. The Arab world is now going through some dark ages, it happens to every civilizations.
The world has benefitted by the contributions from the Arabic world but I wouldn't begin to compare contributions with modern day contributions from the west. That would be absurd. The center of the world has been somewhere other than the middle east for the past 1100 years. BTW - what is your favorite Arabic scientific discovery? Want to compare that with Neal Bohr's work with physics.

Quote:
The root of most problems in the Middle East is the unconditional support of the US to Israeli policy and the oppression of Palestinian Arabs. If the US had not supported this policy, the world would be a more peaceful place today.
I can understand your hatred toward Israel, it is not uncommon. But, without the influence and presence of the U.S., do you not understand the destructive capability of Israel. They are a nuclear power. Push them into a corner without any geopolitical balance from the U.S. and our friends in the Middle East will become vapor.

Quote:
An American was decapitated by Arab terrorists...
At least 10 Iraqis died while being "interrogated" by US soldiers.
This is a new one. I haven't heard about the Iraqis that died during interrogation. Do you have more information. Nevertheless, I don't hear of anyone in the U.S. shouting praises to God because we killed an Iraqi man or woman during imprisonment. That is not our character as a nation. We don't think like that.

Quote:

A thousand innocent civilians died in the World Trade Center attack...
At least 5 thousands innocent Iraqi civilians died because of US bombings during the invasion of Iraq.
We lost 3500 live in the World Trade Center attack not 1000. I guess you believe that hijacking an Airline and killing innnocent passengers is equivalent to our invasion of Iraq. I can see why you think that.

Quote:
One last thing... Iran is not an Arab country, Iranians are Persians and part of the Indo-European family. All European and Indian people (with a few exceptions like Finns, Hungarians, or Dravidians) as well as their languages are all descendants of an ancient people that lived in northern Iran 12 thousand years ago. Persians are direct descendants of that ancient people and not at all related to Arabs, either ethnically or linguistically.
One last thing, I think Dollparts was referring to the Islamic faith as being the link between Iran and the rest of the Arabic world. That is the link. But your information about Persian history is useful input.

All these things said, the Middle East is a volatile and dangerous place right now as it has been for the past 6000 years in my opinion. I have said it before and I still believe that taking Saddam out was the best decision for Iraq and for the Middle East. Time will tell. I personally believe that Saddam at one time represented the greatest threat to any long term plan for peace in the Middle East. He was a tyrant and he had the third largest Army in the world. His ultimate goal was destruction of Israel and unity among all Arab nations [with Saddam as the leader]. He is gone and we have the difficult task of forming some kiind of government where the Iraqis can govern themselves. I hope that the Iraqis go the way of Japan, Korea or Germany and become a success story but I am very glad that Saddam is gone. The U.S. made these decisions and I believe that in time they will prove to be the best for stability in the Middle East. That's my opinion.