View Single Post
Old 23-11-2003, 21:09   #59
The Dream is Over, :~(

Quote:
Originally posted by darje
PowerPuff Grrl, well, Fidget could slap me. I'd probably pinch her nose, say "what a cute gesture" and walk away because my policy is to never hit girls. :P

Sonix, on the other side, we know nothing of him, wether he jokes or not. He lives in a troubled side of the world and I'm kind of convinced that his beliefs are guided by some mistaken ideal of what should be and should not be. Following Forre's example for once, I say that while he isn't around to defend his case, we don't talk about him. It might agravate you that he actually is around but we are talking about giving a fair trial to anyone whose beliefs breach anyone else's.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go officialy close a thread and start a helluva complicated game. :P

Please don't end this discussion prematurely, it hasn't even been resolved properly. Obviously you don't know much him so you can't make a fair assessment of out him. However others can. Moderators even. Just ask around.

His presence isn't a requirement him to be judged on the grounds of racism. His posts speak for himself. He constantly says that he never jokes even when describing his "occupation". And even if he were joking would that honestly be excuseable? Would you say the same thing if I said anything homophobic granted, of course, if I was joking? Considering the state of the forum now, I'm guessing I would at least have a major warning, if not an inactive membership, if I did. Oh, and I hope you were joking when you implied his comments be disregarded because he's from South Africa.

My "aggravation" is misinterpreted here (btw, aggravation is such an understatement). You see, being a newbie when he was around, all I ever saw from his posts were disturbing views on Blacks, Hitler, and the unappreciated glory of fascism. I was only slighty offended by his views but never really angered. I knew that they were only his views. But what I didn't now was that he didn't have the right to express his racism, but of course I was just a newbie... what did I know, besides it wasn't my responsibility.

What I am pissed about though is that all this time racism was tolerated even though it clearly went against the Forum Member Rules:

Quote:
On this Forum, It Is Forbidden::
3. To discriminate other members concerning religion, sexual orientation and other personal beliefs!
When homophobia surfaces it is dealt with startling efficiency:

Quote:
Originally posted by haku
I was hurt by the following quotes:

Quote:
Originally posted by Fidget
an idea of two women having sex sickens me man+woman is natural. Woman and woman is not
forre: That is a discrimination based on sexual preferences. Bad .. bad .. very bad! Kate is warned. Thanks for reminding.
But with racism...

Quote:
Originally posted by Silenced Sonix
My reason for hating the blacks and the coloureds are numerous - they're destroying our economy, our infrastructure, our currency, even our f***ing LIVES!
Well, judging from the experience I've had with our black population during my life - THEY'RE ALL F***ING BRAINDEAD!
My pure-blood campaign would be against the blacks and colours from my country.
Concerning the Swatiska on his avatar:

Quote:
Tell that to mir - why did he have to take offense to my swastika-containing avatar, even though I still have my old one up? Oh... could it possibly be because he's Jewish?!
He even poses a threat:

Quote:
Wahtever your experience with Nazism or other extremist like that, we really don't care. Take your issues somewhere else, or end up at the coroner with a bullet in your eye. You have been warned...
And as to whether he was joking (which doesn't matter either way):

Quote:
I always take my work seriously - I have mentioned my job previously.

Anyhoo as I have said before, his posts speak for himself. His presence isn't required, the comments that were made he never took them back but rather stood by them. And I'll say it again, this may sound rather offensive however I really don't care what he said. What really ticks me off is that this is being swept under the rug almost as if nothing happened.

The inconsistencey found in the implementation of the Forum Rules is appalling.

PS: For anybody who wants to know this is where I got his statements.

Last edited by PowerPuff Grrl; 23-11-2003 at 21:26.