View Single Post
Old 23-11-2003, 10:31   #50
Uhaku's alter ego

Send a message via MSN to Uhaku
Nat, I never thought for a second that you would think racism, homophobia, or any thought/form that are against mankind, are *all right*. I did not accuse you of anything. I simply asked a lot of questions, sharing my thoughts and hoped for you to share yours. My questions were just questions, without sarcasm or any hard feeling hidden. I asked like a child who could only think of straight questions. ^_^’

Now back to the topic of intolerance and discrimination:

I wrote that just to give an exemple....I tried to understand how they could react, why they could think in a such way!

I understand your point of stating that better now. I, too, try to understand why some people think of certain things differently. I’m always open to new ideas, hoping it could enlighten me in some way. I asked, “Do you agree to IGNORE their thought?” Not that I thought you agreed WITH their thought.

IMO, trying to understand others is good, but it’s just not enough. Actions are needed. I think that we all could make a difference if everyone takes little actions around us. I don’t think if we decided to make a change (for the better), it would be called discrimination or intolerance. When our friends have a thought against other human being, I’m not saying that we should beat them up, but we shouldn’t just stand and watch them getting accustomed to their hate either. I know it’s not easy, but one needs to *learn* all through their lives. Never stop searching right when we stepped out of our home/school/church/community. We can learn from others, and others can learn from us. When one stops learning, it means they’re ready to get into their coffin.

Yes, life isn’t black and white. I know life is all shades of gray. As I said before, all things concerning humanity can’t be treated as math. When someone hit your partner in the face, she/he bleeds, not you. And it doesn’t work the other way around. But our feelings are connected, and you could feel hurt WITH them, while when you subtract 2 with 1, you’re left with just 1. Not every rule applies to every other rule when it concerns human mind.

Today, I asked my friend what she thinks about harming others verbally, or physically. She said whatever you do to others; others have the right to do it back to you. If you don’t want someone to treat you badly, you shouldn’t do it to them either. I don’t think it’s a discrimination or intolerance to Fidget’s thought/belief if someone tried to explain it to her. She disrespected others and claimed to be hurt when others disrespected her. In the end, everyone has their feelings hurt. Why? Because the mature people are too afraid to step in, afraid that their actions could be called intolerance/discrimination? Why fear to improve something, to make something better? Online life is different from the real world, I know. You can throw nasty words at each other and turn the computer off, no problem. But when we get hurt, are our feelings any less real from when it happens in the real world? Isn’t that why some take actions to make the world a better place for everyone else? Isn’t that why some try to reach out for the rainbow in the skies, so that others wouldn’t have to live in gray anymore?

But I could understand that some persons still could be shocked by the idea of homosexuality...because it 's in conflict with the education they have had...
How many people, here, have suffered when they discovered they were homosexual?..just because it was in conflict with the education they have had!...
Does it means I'm homophobic because I say that?

I don’t get the impression of you being homophobia in this statement at all. You weren’t trying to degrade homosexuality.

Homosexuality needs time to be really and fully accepted...
I'm against the fact persons could be agressive against others because they are homosexual but i understand they could be shocked...if they don't lie about their own feelings.

I agree it would take time to be accepted more, but it would not happen if we just try to understand homophobia and not doing anything to enlighten them. Maybe we could lessen their hate? Maybe they would change our mind, and we would begin to think like they do? Honesty isn’t always right. Honesty doesn’t always get you somewhere. It’s the mind and body that could take you far, if you exercised them.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Irina Slutskaya
the champion of my heart
I salute you!

I know it's not the correct order of the colors of the Russian flag, but I want Irina in blue anyway. Yeehaw!