View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 19:21   #466
Martian Eyes

New videoclips from Russia and Ukraine of June, disillusioning evidence of the decline of the Russian music scene - almost no new vids from the stars.

Bloody Faeries The Seed - not really Russian, but Linda is the only well known person of the Russian scene who contributed something interesting last month. The Kazakh singer together with her Greek producer and spouse Stefanos Korkolis with their new project, telling fairy-tales. 'Different' somehow...

And then we have (again) some rather unknown acts:

Couple Apocalipsis lyubvi - Apocalypse of Love. Usual dispute of newly wed. Another example of IKEA pop, one of the best of that kind.
Louna Karma mira - Fate Of The World. Pretty new rock group, a bit more than a year in the scene.
Anna Pingina Lastochka - Swallow. Pingy follows a swallow through the woods and is soon out of herself. Debut video of her first album. Folk of the very different kind.
A little bit more from the Ukrainian stars:

Ani Lorak Sprosi! - Ask! Just a few weeks after she gave birth the top star released a new video, a ballad. Decent.
Vera Brezhneva Real'naya zhizn' - Real Life. Vera tells a girl to go out and look for the real life - in Katmandu! The new video of the singer, who dominated the charts of last year.
Yolka Na vozdushnom share - On The Balloon. The extravagant pop singer is the first star to celebrate the beginning of summer.
Potap & Nastya Kamenskih My otmenyaem Konets Sveta - We Call Off The End Of The World. Accurately at the beginning of summer the new song for the season. Silly but entertaining, as always.
Evgeniya Vlasova Ya mechta - I'm A Dream. The ex-wife of VIA Gra's producer Dima Kostyuk in her typical style - 'ethno' pop with piercing voice and 'antique' themed video.

And the only noteworthy not-yet-stars...

Vremya i steklo Serebryanoe more - Silver ocean. Another intoxicating song from the newcomers (we already had the honour...), and of course for the beach party.

Last edited by Argos; 16-07-2011 at 20:05. Reason: added forgotten Missis Vlasova.