View Single Post
Old 08-01-2004, 00:36   #3
a kind of fresh madness

Ok, this is tricky. But I've been in this situation myself on a couple of occasions so I'll try'n give you advice. Feel free to take it on board or disregard it as you see fit.
I don't know if you're straight or gay, and that is a big issue in situations like this, so I'll give you advice that pertains to either situation:
First of all - and most importantly - I know you say you're in love with this person but I definately would not tell them that at this stage. It's hard to tell from your post what kind of relationship you currently have with this person but I'm guessing that you're only acquaintances. In this instance, when trying to further your relationship, it's not a good idea to lead off with "I love you". Just try to strike up a conversation that you know will lead somewhere (i.e. not "lovely weather we've been having recently, eh?"). Find somthing you have in common and run with it. Either that or get him/her talking about him/herself. People love talking about themselves and they love it when you seem interested in hearing about their life.
If there's a connection - on any level - then it will be obvious. Ask this person out for a drink or to the cinema or even to go shopping with you. You don't necessarily have to make it obvious that it's a "date". If this person agrees to hang out with you in a one-on-one situation then it will be easier for you to assess this persons feelings for you. And then you will be able to make a better and - most importantly - an informed decision about what direction you want to take your relationship in.
Untill then I'd advise you to refrain from any massive declarations of love.
Good luck.
Mossopp
x x x x
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...
or is it just to humour us before we die?