View Single Post
Old 15-01-2006, 00:51   #40
The Dream is Over, :~(

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmad
Really??As an Iranian I didnt know this.
PowerPuff Grrl, you dont have to talk this sure about something that you dont have enough information,cuz in all of your posts I see so many wrong Information.

Info I get of Iran are from people who have lived there, much like yourself. The chances of them being wrong is just about the same as yours. Rather than pointing to different posts and dictating what is right and wrong based on the authority of your nationality I suggest just giving another explanation for it. Your nationality doesn't give you a final say on things even if you're only one here that is actually Iranian. History is always up for debate (such as the racial make-up of your country), especially when viewed from other countries as exemplified in this forum. Just ask the Americans and the Turks in this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyretto
This is perhaps what the West wants to believe then. Maybe that's what they thought of Iraq too. It makes no sense whatsoever though.
Once again I got this from Iranians. The last direct image the West, particularly the States, received from Iran was from the Revolution so most people across N. America believe its all just the typical run of the mill fundamentalism.
The impression I get is quite the opposite. Iran has a huge demographic of overeducated youth that are increasingly becoming more disaffected with the current government. The pro-West attitude is merely a reaction to this government.